Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday 9-12

The timer is ticking and I'm starting my first 15 minutes. I've just had a wonderful breakfast consisting of homemade gluten-free blueberry cinnamon vanilla pancakes, fresh local cantaloupe and am sipping down my chai latte (with almond milk and stevia) from my over-sized Berlin Starbucks mug. Food will probably be a main part of this blog since it is something I love - especially when it comes to fresh, local produce. I get a produce box from local farmers delivered to my door every week (theproducebox.com) and try to come up with new things to make from the seasonal items. This past week I tried Afghan okra and potatoes served with brown rice, which turned out quite well. The next project is to tackle the mounds of butternut squash I have been collecting, which will probably turn into an Afghan pumpkin dish, maybe another curried butternut squash soup (with coconut milk) and a butternut squash stir fry (also featuring coconut milk). I should also probably say that I keep a mostly gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free vegetarian diet for health reasons, but still eat fish and eggs. I can post some recipes if people are curious as to what such a person might eat. I actually eat a wide variety of things and love ethnic foods, especially Ethiopian, Afghan, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Lebanese, Tibetan, etc.

So the idea of this blog is to write for 15 minutes a day on anything that comes to my mind - preferably in one sitting. Of course I could happen to have multiple posts a day, but I should be able to find at least 15 minutes a day.

I've had a lot of ideas lately that I need to get down somewhere. One idea has to do with dating and how sick of it I am. It's a horrible process of elimination in which I do so much eliminating I doubt there will be anyone left over worth keeping by the time I'm done. The problem lies in extremely high standards, requirements of a prospective partner and the fact that most of the guys who could potentially fit the bill are already taken or not interested. So I guess I'll just keep eliminating.

Essentially I want someone who is at least bilingual (preferably German-English), a non-smoker and not an excessive drinker, no tattoos or piercings, preferably not older than 36, never been married (and should also have never lived with a girlfriend) and has no children, intelligent but also has a great sense of humor, not atheist or agnostic, should be taller than me (I'm nearly 5'3" - 5'2" and 3/4 to be exact), preferably have a full - but clean cut - head of hair (shaved heads are fine, but I'm not really attracted to thinning hair and certain patterns of male baldness), no beard or mustache (I find facial hair repulsive), should be physically fit and active (no beer belly or excessive body fat), should preferably eat similarly to me since if I ever have children I would want to keep a vegetarian, dairy-free household and would need a partner who would be on board with that... Sadly I don't think this person actually exists and if they do they certainly don't live anywhere near me. I know I'm picky, but I'd rather get what I want than settle for less.

My first 15 minutes are up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment