Thursday, September 23, 2010

Squeezing in the last 15 of the day

I debated whether to write today's 15 minutes early this morning when I first got up, but the desire to go back to bed was so strong (accompanied by nice darkness at 6 AM), that I just couldn't resist the urge and went back to sleep. It wasn't for very long though as I had a 9 AM deadline that I finished up by 8:30, then went for an hour walk with the pups. Today I had one of those mornings where I woke up knowing that while I might have slept well, I didn't sleep right. My neck felt funny and when I tried to move it from side to side and from front to back it hurt horribly. I even managed to have the chiropractor look at it when I went in for my feet session this afternoon, but it appears to be more muscular so his cracks didn't help as much as I'd hoped. I think I've just been working too much sitting in perhaps not the most ideal position and it is catching up to me. I did manage to finally put the armrests on my office chair after nearly 3 years without them. One of these days I'm also going to treat myself to a proper ergonomic desk with the motorized height adjustable option. It may have to be sooner than later if this pain doesn't go away. Now as I get ready to go to bed the pain is still pretty bad, I just hope that I'll manage to sleep in a way that will reverse last night's damage - then I'm good to go.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to have a lighter work load and would like to go to a park to jump around in my new Kangoo Jumps. I tried them out when I was in Boulder a few weeks ago and thought they were so great that I ordered a pair that finally arrived this week. Since I have bad joints I figure these will be a perfect complement to the regular walking I do - should definitely help with getting a better cardiac workout.

I'm already looking forward to the upcoming weekend with an Oktoberfest event to go to. My dirndl is washed and ready for this year's Oktoberfest season. While I won't be at the 200th anniversary celebration of the festival in Munich, I certainly plan to go to several local events and have at least as much fun. I was at Munich's Oktoberfest in 2008 and actually have to admit that I had an even better time at an Oktoberfest in Winston Salem, which was held in the old post office building.

So far pretty much everything I've written has been of the more non-fiction genre, though I do have some fictional ideas I want to work on. If you have any ideas for me, feel free to share. Apparently I've had readers from the US, Canada, Germany, France, the UK, the Netherlands, Spain and Cyprus. For those of you whom I don't know, I'd be curious to know how you stumbled upon my blog and what you think so far.

Goodnight for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment