Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A dinner of local produce done right (and why I now need a nap)

Last night's dinner was an example of local produce done right! Squash* sauteed with onion, garlic* and herbal salt, oven roasted local sweet* and red potatoes* covered in Arabic spices (Baharat and Hot Arabian Mix from 1001 Gewürze**, my favorite spice shop in Hamburg) and fresh tomatoes* drizzled with Crema di Balsamico and topped with a dollop of homemade aioli* with red chili flakes.

Unfortunately spending time cooking a yummy dinner meant I had to work a bit later last night, but I'd say it was worth it. I finally got everything done by 2 AM and then fell into bed. Sadly the dogs didn't really care that I had gone to bed late - they had been resting for most of the evening - and this morning were up and ready to go outside at 5:10 AM. Like a zombie I went downstairs, took them outside, fed them and then crawled right back into bed until 9 AM to make up for my sleep deficit. So far I've gone out to have an oil change and have an appointment at the chiropractor this afternoon to do something about my aching arches. Apparently I'm developing plantar faschitis for no apparently obvious reason and it is becoming quite painful. I still think I'll need another nap today in order to be fully functioning. I'll write more later.

*All local, aioli made of local eggs from the farmer's market
** Website currently only in German, but have contacted about possibly doing an English translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment