Monday, October 18, 2010

Yellow Squash and Mushroom Risotto (vegan and gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)

So for those of you out there looking for some more risotto ideas, on Friday I made a yellow squash and mushroom risotto. Go back to my post for Butternut Squash Risotto and instead of using butternut squash, add in chopped yellow squash and mushrooms (I used baby bella and shiitake). This time don't use cardamom and cinnamon (good for accentuating the flavor of butternut squash, but not needed here); instead use fresh thyme like I did. Other than that all of the steps were the same. As a side I made some over baked orange and purple sweet potato bites.

Here's a picture of Friday's meal. Enjoy!

Yellow squash and mushroom risotto garnished with Crema di Balsamico and almond cheese, side of oven-baked orange and purple sweet potato bites with Arabic spices. A perfect fall meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment