Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today's Produce Box! October 6, 2010

After a 2 week between-season break, the Produce Box started its fall season today. I put out my empty box this morning, and when I went outside just before noon a new box full of fall bounty was waiting for me. Be looking for some new recipes soon. I can't wait to make some homemade hot apple cider, vegan/gluten-free stuffed bell peppers and some other things. I've got 4 really ripe bananas just begging to be made into banana bread (GF of course), so that should be coming up soon.

This week included 4 field tomatoes, 2 green bell peppers, 1 huge eggplant, 4 ears of white corn, Kennebec potatoes, 2 yellow squash and a bag of mountain apples.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get your produce box from? Is it organic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the website theproducebox.com to find out more about The Produce Box. Pretty much all of the produce comes from farmers in my area (near Raleigh, NC). It is not organic, but they are adding an organic box next year. The farmers do use sustainable practices and are fairly small operations so I feel ok about it not being organic. I know that if I ever wanted to go check out the farms I could.

    ReplyDelete