Thursday, October 7, 2010

Super Tee

So today I was Super SEA in my Super T - that's right, my new favorite Superman t-shirt. I guess it started yesterday when I wore my Superman Fleece, which after nearly 10 years is still my all-time favorite even though it is now itchy inside from the pilling. Yesterday my superpower was translating 750+ lines in one day - generally I only translate 300-500 per day max. It was definitely a record-setting day. Today, in my Superman t-shirt I proofed yesterday's work, baked some awesome gluten-free blueberry banana bread (to be posted separately), ran last minute errands before heading to the mountains and in the process made the Walmart cashier smile. My Superman t-shirt was directly responsible for the latter. I asked how her day was going and she said she was tired. Seeing my t-shirt, she then asked whether my t-shirt could give energy boosts, so I did a comical flex of the arms and smiled. I think it made her day. The only thing my t-shirt doesn't seem to be able to do for me is get rid of a cold that has been in the works all day. I woke up with a scratchy throat and the sniffles, which during the car ride to the mountains progressed into a constant slight throat soreness and a now non-stop runny nose with a slight headache. I'm hoping it will get better soon - I really don't want to spend my vacation weekend with a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment