Saturday, October 2, 2010

October is here!

The first day of October couldn't have been any more beautiful. Sunny weather in the 70s, no humidity, the kind of weather you wish would last all year. The only drawback is that I'm not too crazy about the chilly nights except that I now love drinking hot beverages again and cuddling up under a warm blanket or covers. Since I'll be doing some work this weekend, I mostly took today off. I started the day by hitting the ice rink and skating for about 45 minutes - my first time back on the ice since June when I decided to take a summer break since there were too many kids there during public sessions to enjoy practicing. Now that school is back in session, morning public sessions will be much more pleasant. I'm signed back up for lessons, which I'll start again on Monday. I could tell that I'll need to do some work to get back to where I was in June (my spinning needs some work, but the jumps seem to be ok), but I also think my blades need sharpened. I don't regret the summer break since it gave me the opportunity to do some other things so that I could look forward to skating again.

After skating I did some errands - made the trip to Aldi and Trader Joe's to stock up on some things to hold me over until my Produce Box arrives next week. They took a 2 week break between the summer and fall season and my supplies were starting to run low. Be on the lookout for some new recipes soon. I'll be sure to come up with some more delicious dishes!

This evening I had a very pleasant evening attending the First Night art festival downtown. Before meeting up with a friend I picked up a pumpkin for my front porch and soon hope to get some fall flowers - maybe mums - to go along with it. After meeting up with my friend we visited several galleries, then met up with one of his friends, walked around, grabbed dinner, and checked in with some other friends in another area downtown. The three of us ultimately ended up sitting in a coffee shop talking until well after it had closed, but since the staff had a lot of cleaning up to do before they could leave they let us stay. My hair and clothes now smell like freshly roasted coffee - quite a nice smell indeed.

I had a great evening, enjoyed the art and conversation, but am now getting really tired and probably should get to sleep. Gute Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment