Saturday, October 16, 2010

Exciting Friday and weekend so far (including Dave Ramsey)

Since I usually work on the weekends, I often take Fridays off to relax a bit. With the State Fair in town and beautiful weather to lure me out, I was very tempted to spend Friday at the fair with my parents, but ended up spending the majority of the day building my business website in preparation for attending a conference later this month. So far it's coming along quite nicely: www.wunderbar-translations.com. I still have a lot to add, but think it makes a good impression for promoting my business for now. This next week one of my work-related activities will be I'll be working on vamping up my business cards to take with me to the conference. Friday afternoon I made a wonderful yellow squash and mushroom risotto (I'll post separately) and baked orange and purple sweet potatoes - yummy! Friday afternoon I went skating and had a make-up lesson since I missed Monday's class due to recuperating from a cold. For those of you who don't know, I've been figure skating off and on since I was about 5 years old, have had lessons at various times in my life and after a nearly 16 year break from lessons (only skating here and there over the years) started taking lessons again this past winter (inspired in part by the Winter Olympics). I took a summer break and am back at it again, this time with a much more challenging coach. I can still jump and spin but have a lot of bad habits to overcome.

The theme for Saturday was Dave Ramsey! He was speaking live in Raleigh today and I had purchased tickets for me and my parents back in May as soon as they went on sale. It was great hearing him speak live and definitely motivating to continue working to get out of debt. I have another blog on which I've been trying to track my efforts to get debt-free (http://creating-a-debt-free-life.blogspot.com). Now with more motivation directly from the source, I hope to strengthen my efforts and make even greater progress. Apparently some of the things I have been doing have not been in the right order, so hopefully now I can make the necessary changes to drive down my debt. Check out the other blog for more info on that.

The next highlight of this weekend comes tomorrow afternoon... more on that tomorrow or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment