Sunday, October 31, 2010

Departing Denver

The ATA Conference has come to an end and as I sit waiting in Denver Airport at Southwest's ghoulishly decorated gate, I find myself reflecting upon all that I have learned over the last few days. In a profession that can often be somewhat isolating, it was wonderful to get together with like-minded individuals who understand what I do and share the same passion. The networking opportunities were abundant and invaluable, providing opportunities to learn from seasoned professionals who are more than happy to share their experience with the next generation. My to-do list for things I need to do or address once I get back home has already filled a few pages of a notebook and I'm not even done yet. Although I had done quite a bit on my website before coming to the conference, I now have tons of ideas of things I can do to further improve it. In addition to this "fun" blog, I also need to start a professional blog about translating that can be integrated into my website or hosted elsewhere. On the social media front, my wunderbartrans Twitter account needs to become more active with "value-adding content" and I need to be more active on XING and LinkedIn to connect with other translators and potential direct clients. Needless to say, there is a ton to do - all one step at a time. The plane is about to board, so I'll be posting more later. Exciting things are on the horizon - I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment