Friday, November 19, 2010

This week's Produce Box November 17, 2010 (aka Kiwis grow in North Kakalaky)

Pardon for the delay, but it's been a rather insane week (again). This week's Produce Box was the last box of this year's growing season and included a special treat: NC grown kiwis! They are still ripening up in the bag, so I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but I bet they are delicious! I also now have a ton of beets for juicing and making a warm beets sauteed with fresh squeezed orange juice. The remainder of the items were green beans, eggplant, radishes and apple cider. The next Produce Box installment will be back in April. Until then I'll have more recipes and other things on my mind. As always, here's a few pics for you to enjoy. 

Beets, green beans, radishes, cider, eggplant, KIWIS!

Closeup of the Kakalaky kiwis!

No comments:

Post a Comment