Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eat your greenies!

In last week's Produce Box I got a head of bok choy. Thankfully the newsletter included a couple of recipe ideas. Seeing that it was starting to wilt and needed to be eaten ASAP, I made a plate of oven roasted bok choy seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. I basically used the idea from newsletter but added garlic. It couldn't have been easier. I pulled off the individual leaves, then washed and dried them. Next I put them in a bowl and added olive oil, 2 pressed cloves of garlic, salt and pepper, and the juice of one lemon. Next I laid the leaves out on a greased cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and baked at 450 for about 10 minutes. The result was delicious. What a nice, green afternoon snack! (Perfect before taking a light nap!)




No comments:

Post a Comment