Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bulletproof coffee

My brother told my mom about bulletproof coffee and she shared it with me. There's plenty of information on the web out there about it, especially on the website: www.bulletproofexec.com. For now I'm just using organic, fair-trade Bolivian coffee from Trader Joe's, but essentially I'm following the same basic principle. Blend fresh brewed coffee with about a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon grass-fed butter. I've even been adding some organic, unsweetened coconut milk and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. The result is a drink that will help you focus and perform at your peak.

I was a bit concerned about consuming this much fat at first, especially because I had my gallbladder removed a couple of years ago. It turns out that our bodies can process the medium-chain triglycerides found in coconut oil and the short-chain triglycerides found in grass-fed butter without bile, meaning that they aren't potentially harmful to people with gallbladder disease or those without a gallbladder. This is great news! Here's more information about why: http://www.ofspirit.com/brucefife1.htmhttp://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/?tag=butter

Here's this morning's cup:

Bulletproof coffee with a dash of pumpkin pie spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment