Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekend highlights

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all those who have the privilege to be mothers - either to actual human children or animals of any species. My mother was out of town this weekend so I'll be taking her out for lunch tomorrow to make up for it.

Gilded cranes
The weekend turned out to be better than I ever could have imagined. As a result, I'm quite tired so I might just have to mention a few highlights and come back and elaborate later on. First Friday was fantastic - beautiful gilded cranesat Flanders, first visit to the brand new Contemporary Art Museum, art auction at Centerline (the highlight there was actually the company's office itself), PBR-themed art at Design Box, student textiles at the Fish Market... but my personal favorite was the work by Rob Logic on display at Morning Times.
Gilded cranes with "Gaga" glitter glam


Saturday was beautiful - long walk with the dogs in the morning, resting then a crazy 3 mile Kangoo Jump run (my muscles are crying out in agony today), out to dinner (Ethiopian) and an album release concert (Birds and Arrows) with my new friend Cheryl.

Today I've mostly been working all day, but still managed to get in a little walk - even if it was very slowly since every muscle - even muscles I didn't know existed - aches from my Kangoo Jump escapade yesterday.

One of the many beautiful works by
Rob Logic on display at Morning Times.

Although I was heading into the weekend feeling a bit down about some things, I managed to bounce back see things from a new perspective - great art, music and company have a way of inspiring a change in attitude.

I'll have to go into more later - for now I need to hit the sheets (except that I still have to put sheets on the bed before I can go to bed, I hate when that happens!)

No comments:

Post a Comment