Saturday, May 7, 2011

Almond milk latte

I'm admittedly not much of a coffee drinker, particularly because I try to avoid caffeine. However, from time to time I really enjoy a good latté, as long as it's made with almond milk. The problem is that most coffee shops - including the major chains like Starbucks - have failed to accommodate the needs of non-dairy, non-soy consuming customers - i.e. people like me. I would love to order a latté in a café, but until such places "wake up and smell the coffee" and realize that there is untapped potential to sell to this target group, my coffee beverages of choice will be consumed in the comfort of my home café.
I make my decaf almond milk lattés usually using a flavored decaf coffee and unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk. Powdered stevia is my sweetener of choice (also yet to be offered in most coffee shops). I use the eco-pods in my Senseo machine, which is a nice alternative to an actual espresso machine.


Almond milk froths up thick and foamy - you can't even
tell it's not real milk!

2 comments:

  1. I have the same coffee machine and use the "Coffee Duck" (http://tinyurl.com/3h4zeoa) instead of pods - works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add that if you are using almond milk, the kind already in the refrigerated section works much better than the 1 qt/1 l size simply on the shelf. For whatever reason, the pre-refrigerated kind froths up so much better.

    ReplyDelete